If you were going to make anything clean eating this would have to be it…..it’s my absolute favourite sweet treat so far. Infact I made this for mothers day along with lots of other clean eating goodies and this was also my mums favourite. Make sure you use a nice ripe banana though! This slice is so hard to resist, its a great slice as its stores in the freezer so you can make this in advance like many other of the clean eating slices and you always have a yummy treat on hand. I urge everyone to try this one, you certainly wont be disappointed!!
Makes 12-16 Bites
- 1/2 Cup Natural Almond Butter (or peanut butter or cashew butter)
- 1/4 Cup Light Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 2 Tbsp Honey or Maple Syrup (100% natural)
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut + Extra for Topping
- 1 Cup Raw Cashews or almonds or peanuts (I made this with almonds)
- 1 Cup Pitted Dates
- 2 Tbsp Water (only if your dates are dry and crust isn’t sticking together)
- Using your small food processor bowl and blade blend all pie filling ingredients until smooth and set aside.
- Using your large food processor bowl and blade process all crust ingredients until dough like consistency with visible chunks of nut (setting aside extra coconut for topping).
- Grease an 8×8 baking pan or glass dish with a healthy oil.
- Press crust mixture evenly into baking dish.
- Top with pie filling using a spoon or spatula to make sure the filling is evenly distributed over the crust.
- Add extra shredded coconut over the top.
- Cover with saran wrap and freeze overnight.
- When you’re ready to serve remove from the freezer, cut into squares and serve immediately, store left overs in freezer.
Here’s my little Mother’s Day lunch set up, I made clean eating chicken and dumpling soup with the banana coconut cream pie slice, choc mint slice and snickerdoodle slice (recipe to come) as well as clean eating apple pie (recipe to come). Plus I made rocky road brownie slice sadly thats not clean at all lol.
Recipe from www.damyhealth.com