These are really yummy, you can have them a choc mint flavour or leave out the mint and leave it as just chocolate. I did both, as my eldest son doesnt like mint and both are awesome! This is probably one of my favourite bases too!
Choc Mint Slice (or Chocolate slice)
Makes 16-18 Small Squares
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/3 Cup Almond Butter (or peanut or cashew butter)
- 1/3 Cup Chocolate Chips or mini carob buds (Optional – for topping)
- 2-3 Tbsp Honey
- 1/4 Cup Natural Cocoa
- 1/2 Tsp Mint Extract (omit if just wanting a choc flavour)
- 1 Cup Slivered Almonds
- 1 Cup Pitted Dates
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa
- 1-2 Tbspn water to make the crust a little wet and doughy. Add last to check consistency.
Filling and Crust Directions:
- Place all topping ingredients (except chocolate chips) into food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Set mixture aside.
- Blend and/or pulse all crust ingredients in a food processor until nut consistency is like sundae topping nuts (still visible small chunks).
- Add a little water if needed to make it easier to stick together
- In an 8×8 pan or glass dish grease with a non-stick healthy cooking spray.
- Press Crust evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Spread Mint Fudge Chocolate topping mixture evenly overtop of crust.
- Top with chocolate chips (optional – if you are using this as a snack do not add the chocolate chips)
- Cover with saran wrap and place in the freezer overnight.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into squares
Individual Choc Mint Slice using a patty pan in a 12 cup muffin tin and put in freezer.
And I made the choc mint one as a slice