You seriously will never want to eat your fruit plain again after trying this awesome little treat! And who would have thought the main ingredient chick peas could make such a yummy treat!!
You can add dark choc chips or carob buds (mint flavour carob buds are my favourite as well as my 7 year old daughter, I’ve ran out so just used dark choc chips, you dont need to add the choc chips but I do like a little crunch and also you could add chopped peanuts or any type of nut also if you wanted). This you can whip in in just minutes!
This recipe is vegan and gluten free.
- 1 1/2 cups Chickpeas (Drained and Rinsed)
- 1/4 Cup Natural Peanut Butter (or almond butter, cashew butter etc)
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp 100% natural Honey or 100% Maple Syrup or Stevia
- 7 Pitted Dates or you can just add extra 2 Tbsp Honey, Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbsp Flax Meal (Ground Flax)
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Dash of Salt
- 1/8 Tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Tbsp Natural Cocoa
- 1/3 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips or Carob buds
- Place all ingredients (excluding the chocolate chips) in your food processor and blend until perfectly smooth.
- Scoop into a bowl and stir-in chocolate chips.
- Serve with fruit.
Approx 1/4 cup is a serve
Recipe adapted from http://www.damyhealth.com