These cookies are fit for the King…..Elvis that is! Goodluck trying to make these last, these cookies are really yummy and a great healthy snack for the kids. I made this before taking the kids to school thismorning and I was lucky to actually get any cookies from these at all. Using 2 bowls you mix the dry ingredients then in another mix the wet. That might not be such a good idea as what goes in the wet bowl all mix together is absolutely awesome. Mashed banana, peanut butter, honey & vanilla….all mixed in and seriously you will just be standing there eating it by the spoonful! So maybe its best you dont taste test the ingredients in the wet bowl otherwise you might not be left with much lol.
I did a couple of options, one was just the basic recipe the other I added the option dark choc chips and unsalted peanuts for a little extra crunch (and it really did make the cookie even better!)
These are great for vegetarians too
CLEAN BANANA & PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES (makes 28)
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed (optional) I didnt have any so left this out
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup pure honey (can use 100% maple syrup) if you want a sweeter cookie then add 3/4 cup honey. Test the batter and add a little more honey if required but i liked 1/2 a cup.
- 1 cup unsalted natural peanut butter (you can use kraft light and smooth, its not 100% clean but you can save on some fat)
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips, optional
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, flaxseed, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash banana with a fork. Stir in honey, peanut butter and vanilla until well combined.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture, stirring just to combine; do not over-mix. Fold in chocolate chips & peanuts, if desired. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer sheet to a wire rack to cool slightly, about 2 minutes. Remove cookies from sheet and let cool directly on rack.