I have love chicken, I could eat chicken every day, and probably almost do. So I am always on the look out for chicken recipes. Loved the idea of ginger and honey so gave this one ago, loved it! I served it over a herb and avocado salad with feta cheese (oak lettuce, basil, parsley, corriander, baby spinach). A great low fat high protein meal.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp freshly ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a baking sheet with a thin layer of cooking spray ) or you can cook this in a fry pan lightly sprayed with oil or over grill (which is what I did, since I brought a new cast iron grill yesterday)
- In a small bowl, whisk together next 5 ingredients, creating a marinade.
- Place chicken into prepared baking sheet and brush with marinade (or you can put chicken in bowl of marinated to coat then immediatedly put on baking tray or pan to cook.
- Bake chicken for about 30 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
- Serve chicken on a bed of brown jasmine rice and your favorite steamed vegetables or over a nice salad.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 152, Total Fat: 1.5 g, Sat. Fat: 0.5 g, Carbs: 6 g, Fiber: 0.5 g, Sugars: 4 g, Protein: 27 g, Sodium: 376 mg, Cholesterol: 66 mg
Adapted From Clean Eating Magazine