This recipe I made a couple of weeks ago before being put on the low FODMAP diet. This recipe is a clean eating recipe, however, it can be adapted to suit the low FODMAP diet but swapping chickpeas for mashed pumpkin. This would have to be one of my favourite treats, it amazes me how yummy things can taste baking with chick peas and/or pumpkin puree!!! My kids loved this. From now on any baking calling for chickpeas I now subsitute mashed pumpkin due to my special diet (chickpeas are high in galacto-oligasaccharides which are poorly absorbed in the body and not good for IBS sufferers and it can bring on symptoms) this is why pumpkin is a better alternative.
Chocolate Chip Blondie Brownies
Makes 12-16 Brownies
- 1 Cup Natural Smooth Peanut Butter (if you have a nut allergy you can always try to make these with a seed butter)
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Egg
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp gluten free Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 Cups Cooked Chickpeas or for Low FODMAP replace this with cooked mashed pumpkin
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Dark chocolate Chocolate Chips or for lactose free use dairy free choc chips.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Line an 8×8 glass baking dish with baking paper (makes it come out much easier)
- Place all ingredients excluding the chocolate chips in your food processor and blend until smooth (stopping to scrape down the sides).
- Using a spatula hand mix-in your chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture evenly into your glass baking dish (use your spatula to smooth out the batter).
- Place in the oven and bake for 27 – 30 minutes (until your fork comes out clean).
- Remove from oven and let set for 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares, serve and enjoy!
- These are all-natural so I highly suggest storing them in a sealed tight container in your refrigerator.
Recipe from www.damyhealth.com
Nutritional information is an estimate only based on one slice (if made 12) if you made 16 pieces then 1 piece is total calories 180 and fat is 11 grams based on chick peas version. Keep in mind these are all good fats too and natural sugars.
Amount Per Serving
|Total Fat||13.9 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||3.4 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||6.1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23.0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2.9 g|