The other day I made these as the kids after school snack, what I love is that the main ingredient in the chocolate brownie batter was pumpkin!! Kids had no idea and boy did these disappear super fast and the looks on their faces to find out they ate pumpkin was hilarious. I really enjoyed these too, they are clean eating so perfect healthy treat with all healthy fats! Hidden vegetable…cant go wrong with this snack for the kids!!
edited: for gluten free yummy home made tortillas check out my post here https://mycleanplate.wordpress.com/2012/07/08/low-fodmap-tortillas-gluten-free-dairy-free/
Makes approx 12
- 4 wholemeal wraps (or gluten free wraps or make your own)
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 F.
- Using a round 4-inch cookie cutter cut out your 4-inch Wraps.
- Spray wraps lightly with olive oil on both sides.
- Place in the oven draped over your baking rack (see photo below).
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy.
- Remove from oven and let sit and cool.
Filling Option: Chocolate Brownie Batter
- 1 1/2 Cups Pumpkin Puree
- 4 Tbsp Natural Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup (or stevia if you want sugar free option)
- 1/2 Cup Natural Nut Butter (Almond or Peanut) – we love to use peanut butter
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or block of chocolate finely chopped (optional)
Place all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a food processor and blend til smooth and creamy. Stopping to scrap down the sides. Stir in chocolate chips (or add them to the top of the taco to serve). Spoon into mini taco’s and enjoy!
Filling option 2: Banana Cream Pie (This is one of my favourite desserts I have made from a clean eating recipe, pretty sure this is up on my blog too but will have to have a look and add the link of so)
- 1/2 Cup Natural peanut butter Butter
- 1/4 Cup Light Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 2 Tbl Maple Syrup
- 1 Ripe Banana
Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Spoon into taco’s.
Filling Option 3: Cookie Dough Batter
- 1/2 Cup Natural Peanut butter
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt (or plain lactose free yoghurt)
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup (taste after mixing and add another tablespoon if you prefer it sweeter)
- 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chips for topping
Combine all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a food processor and blend until smooth. You can then mix in choc chips in the batter or use on top. Spoon mixture into tacos.
recipe from damyhealth.com