I am always making some kind of chocolate flavoured protein balls or truffles….well today I thought I’d be different, a totally different flavour! Why not have a nice tangy refreshing flavour in ball!! Introducing a Lemon inspired truffle and its goooooooood!!! A nice healthy treat for the kids too. My almost 12 year old loves lemon flavoured sweets so these she loved!!
Nutty Lemon Truffles
1 cup mixed nuts (I used a mix of cashews, macadamia’s and almonds)
10 pitted dried dates
2 Tbsp shredded coconut plus extra for rolling
zest of one lemon
2-3 Tbsp lemon juice
In a processor add the nuts, dates and coconut and process until it recembles even smallish crumbs (a little bigger than bread crumbs). Add Lemon zest and 2 tablespoons of juice and pulse to combine. This should make the dough rollable and not too wet but enough to have coconut coat the balls. Taste the mixture, if you want more lemon or need the mixture more wet add another tablespoon of lemon juice. Roll into 12 balls (well it should make 12 if you dont keep eating the mixture lol…oops) Coat in coconut and let harden a little in the fridge or freezer. Store in freezer and the balls will last a couple of month in an air tight container.
If you were going to make anything clean eating this would have to be it…..it’s my absolute favourite sweet treat so far. Infact I made this for mothers day along with lots of other clean eating goodies and this was also my mums favourite. Make sure you use a nice ripe banana though! This slice is so hard to resist, its a great slice as its stores in the freezer so you can make this in advance like many other of the clean eating slices and you always have a yummy treat on hand. I urge everyone to try this one, you certainly wont be disappointed!!
Makes 12-16 Bites
- 1/2 Cup Natural Almond Butter (or peanut butter or cashew butter)
- 1/4 Cup Light Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 2 Tbsp Honey or Maple Syrup (100% natural)
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut + Extra for Topping
- 1 Cup Raw Cashews or almonds or peanuts (I made this with almonds)
- 1 Cup Pitted Dates
- 2 Tbsp Water (only if your dates are dry and crust isn’t sticking together)
- Using your small food processor bowl and blade blend all pie filling ingredients until smooth and set aside.
- Using your large food processor bowl and blade process all crust ingredients until dough like consistency with visible chunks of nut (setting aside extra coconut for topping).
- Grease an 8×8 baking pan or glass dish with a healthy oil.
- Press crust mixture evenly into baking dish.
- Top with pie filling using a spoon or spatula to make sure the filling is evenly distributed over the crust.
- Add extra shredded coconut over the top.
- Cover with saran wrap and freeze overnight.
- When you’re ready to serve remove from the freezer, cut into squares and serve immediately, store left overs in freezer.
Here’s my little Mother’s Day lunch set up, I made clean eating chicken and dumpling soup with the banana coconut cream pie slice, choc mint slice and snickerdoodle slice (recipe to come) as well as clean eating apple pie (recipe to come). Plus I made rocky road brownie slice sadly thats not clean at all lol.
Recipe from www.damyhealth.com
This flavour is amazing, you should have seen my mum trying this one today, she loved it! Awesome flavour and totally clean!! And again the base is to die for, you just want to sit and eat it with a spoon its so good!
Lemon & Coconut Cheesecake Slice (pictured right)
Makes 18 Bites
•1 Cup Pitted Dates
•1 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
•1 Cup Raw Cashews
•1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
•Juice of 2 Lemons
•1/2 Cup Reduced Fat or Light Cream Cheese (Room Temperature)
•1 Tsp Vanilla
•1/2 Cup Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt or natural yoghurt (I used natural yoghurt)
•2 Tbsp Honey
•3 Packets of Stevia (or extra couple of tablespoons honey)
•Shredded Coconut (for topping)
1.Using your small food processor bowl and blade blend all cheesecake filling ingredients until smooth and set aside.
2.Using your large food processor bowl and blade process all crust ingredients until dough like consistency with visible chunks of nut.
3.Grease an 8×8 baking pan or glass dish with a healthy oil.
4.Press crust mixture evenly into baking dish.
5.Top with cheesecake filling using a spoon or spatula to make sure the filling is evenly distributed over the crust.
6.Thinly sprinkle your shredded coconut over the top.
7.Cover with saran wrap and freeze overnight.
8.When you’re ready to serve remove from the freezer, cut into squares and serve immediately
Recipe adapted from: www.damyhealth.com